Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hoez....

I had an interesting insight into another side of Singapore tonight. Went out for dinner with Alan to Chijmes in the centre of town. Its quite a nice little square of eateries and bars. Had some very good Japanese food, then had a couple of beers an a few games of pool. Then I wandered off to find a taxi. I went a different direction from Alan (who has a car) and as I was leaving and waiting to cross the street I got propositioned by two hookers (teamwork is important in all things). Considering I was waiting to cross the road and not paying them any attention, I was apparently giving off the right signals (which seem to consist of being white, male and alone). One of them grabbed my arm and after telling me she liked my muscles (a good sign she was full of shit) asked me where I lived... It took a surprising amount of forcefulness and insistence to convincer her and her friend that I didn't want to take one or both of them home. Fortunately I managed to disentangle myself before the lights changed again. (getting busted for jay-walking would have been too weird)

(and no I didn't take either/both of them home)

No comments: