Saturday, June 28, 2008

...and then we got hookers...


Just spent an intrigueing evening out with one of my (nameless) friends. Had a few drinks at various bars by the river, then ended up in the bar of a very reputable hotel. It was an interesting experience, not simply because it was the first passible mojito I'd had all night, but also because of the clientele. Most of the male patrons were somewhat older than me, and generally appeared to be alone. Most of the female customers where considerably younger and seemed to possess more silicon than my laptop....

In the end I felt somewhat like an anthropologist, studying a strange, foreign tribe. I also discovered that I'm not very good at not flirting with people when I look at them, and also that I'm much more easily embarresed that I thought....

As you may be able to deduce by the fact that I'm writing this on a Saturday night, my honour remains intact...

1 comment:

En tynd kop the said...

I like your sense of humor... and your descriptions about your life in Singapore. Please keep it up :-)