Thursday, October 4, 2007

Marketing....

During my wanderings I passed a few fruit stalls and decided to pick up some fruit. I accidentally got collared by the most efficient fruit salesman I've ever seen.. I wanted: one pack of melon slices and a few rambutans (see next post). I ended up with: 3 packs of melon slices (only 3 dollars... one didn't seem to be an option with him) and 1kg of rambutans (I was lucky I didn't get 3kg "only 6 dollars"). The guy was impressive, I already had the bags of fruit in my hand by the time the protest came out....

Also stumbled across a great bunch of hawker stalls. These places are great, you would never dream of eating somewhere like this in europe. Lots of tiny stalls with a few plastic garden chairs outside. Here though, the food is great, safe and costs nothing. Had some wonderful satay... cost 30 cents a stick (6 for S$2... so one euro). Had to take a picture. Should have taken one of the cook as well, they have a charcoal stove which they grill the sticks on while you wait.... Great, almost caramelized chicken or beef with amazing peanut sauce. Yum Yum Yum..

Also had water melon juice (water melon blended with ice) which is unbelievable refreshing...

No comments: