Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Orchid fun....

I'm definitely getting old, I'm taking an interest in gardening.... I bought an orchid when I went to the Orchid Garden with Kat. They are pretty cool, they come as little babies (probably not the correct term), in little sterile tubes of food (looks a bit like a tube of fly food). I didn't get around to doing anything with it for about a month, but I finally found a pot for it at the weekend. I got a strange hydroponic type pot, which just has gravel in it (orchids don't need much food). There's a resevoir for water in the bottom (less chance of me forgetting to water it) and a string wick which draws water up into the gravel.











Not a great final pic, but the orchid doesn't really poke over the top yet....
I'm curious to know if/how long the orchid survives....

No comments: